Today's Foody Friday comes again with a bit of a twist. I am on the road once again for an amazing weekend of friendship, music and dancing at my last music festival if the summer. Get ready Calgary, because the muppet girls of Saskatoon are descending upon Expo Latino in a matter of hours!
I had intended to make another packing for travel video, but I ran out of time. Oops! Instead you get the updates from the highway as I text (don't worry, I am riding shotgun - safety first!).
A weekend of food trucks would likely put me in the hospital, so travelling with these health-conscious beauties makes me feel much less neurotic about my food packing. So, what did I end up bringing?
Check it out, friends:
- Three kinds of freshly juiced produce
Raw cashews to make milk for my smoothies ( packed the magic bullet and cheesecloth)
- Two pre-portioned containers for breakfast smoothies (blueberries, raspberries, hemp hearts, turmeric, cinnamon, maca powder, spirulina, chia seeds, fish oil, vegan protein powder). I'll add a cup or so of spinach & kale and my fresh cashew milk.
- Trail mix (roasted cashews, pecans, almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and raisin & banana chips made in my dehydrator)
- Dehydrator crackers with salsa and guacamole (shocking, I know)
- Quinoa salad (tomatoes, cucumber, lime infused olive oil, garlic cilantro balsamic vinegar)
- Dates *check the story about these below for a chuckle
- Amazingly delicious gluten-free bread fresh from Leyda's Cafe
And the fun side story about my 7-year old monkey? At the grocery store yesterday, I asked Ethan to grab some dates for me. His response: I'll travel all over Saskatoon to find the perfect boy for you!
Have a great weekend and happy eating, everyone!